The Marshall DSL5C is a versatile amp that truly delivers on Marshall tone – everything from Plexi-style cleans to JCM800 snarl to modern day high gain.
- Powered by 3 ECC83’s in the preamp, and a single 12BH7/ECC99 in the power section.
- 2 channels: Classic and “ultra gain”. :)
- Series FX loop
- Headphone out
- Audio in (for mp3 players)
- Extension speaker for driving an external speaker cab
- Celestion Ten 30 10″ speaker
- Controls include: volume, gain, presence, bass, middle, treble, deep switch (increases low end frequency), and toneshift (which acts like a mid scoop)
One of the best 1 watt or 5 watt tube amps going.
What makes the Marshall DSL5C even better is the power switch. Like the Vox AC4TV, the Marshall DSL5C can run at full wattage (5w) or lower wattage (1w), which means you get all that sweet crunch and tube saturated distortion at volumes low enough to not piss off the neighbors.
A lot of people don’t get the Marshall DSL5C, especially Marshall fans. They just don’t see the point in low watt amps, and frankly look down on anyone who doesn’t play a 100w Marshall stack. Well, the Marshall DSL5C just isn’t for them. It’s perfect for fans of the Marshall tube tone who just want a rock solid tube amp for practicing or playing the occasional small gig.